- Step 1 50g butter
- Step 2 2 tbsp flour
- Step 3 1 onion , finely chopped
- Step 4 1 garlic clove , crushed
- Step 5 ½ 250g tub mascarpone
- Step 6 500g frozen chopped spinach , thawed and liquid collected
- Step 7 140g grated cheddar
- Step 8 1 tbsp jalapeño pepper from a jar, drained and chopped
- Step 9 ½ tsp celery salt
- Step 10 ¼ tsp paprika
Calories: 295 Carbohydrate: 7 g Protein: 10 g Fat: 25 g
Cook time: 60 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes Total time: 70 minutes Servings: 6
Dinner Side Dish American Josh Eagleton 30-60 minute 400 kcal or less 6 serving American Cheddar Creamed spinach Frozen spinach Good Food Jalapeño pepper Jalapeño pepper Main Over an hour Side Dish spinach spinach Thanksgiving Vegetable Vegetarian
- Step 1 Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Melt the butter in a pan, stir in the flour and cook for 2 mins. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-5 mins until soft. Add the mascarpone, then slowly add the spinach liquid, stirring until smooth. Cook for 4-5 mins until the sauce thickens.
- Step 2 Stir in the cheddar, jalapeños, celery salt, paprika and spinach. Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 40 mins until golden.