Maple-glazed hot dogs with mustardy onions
- Step 1 8 good-quality pork sausages
- Step 2 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Step 3 2 onions , thinly sliced
- Step 4 1 tsp yellow or black mustard seeds
- Step 5 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Step 6 4 part-baked mini baguettes (or cut a French stick into 4 pieces)
- Step 7 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Step 8 large pinch brown or muscovado sugar
- Step 9 2 tsp wine or cider vinegar
Calories: 498 Carbohydrate: 43 g Protein: 21 g Fat: 28 g
Cook time: 35 minutes Prep time: 5 minutes Total time: 40 minutes Servings: 4
Dinner Main course American Josh Eagleton 30-60 minute 4 serving 600 kcal or less American baguette baguette Budget Caramelised onion Casual Cheap eat Easy Good Food Hotdog Hotdog Main Moneywise Pork sausage Pork sausage sausage Snack Tv dinner Tv dinner
- Step 1 Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the sausages in a non-stick baking tray and roast for 20 mins. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onions and mustard seeds together for 10-15 mins until softened and golden.
- Step 2 Remove the sausages and brush with maple syrup. Pop the baguettes onto the same baking tray. Increase the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and return the tray for 5-8 mins until the sausages are dark, shiny and cooked through. Stir the mustard, sugar and vinegar into the onions until the sugar has melted. Cut the baguettes open across the top and put 2 sausages into each. Spoon over the mustardy onions and serve.