Green mango salad with prawns
- Step 1 2 tbsp lime juice
- Step 2 1 small red chilli , seeded and finely chopped
- Step 3 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Step 4 1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- Step 5 3 shallots , finely sliced
- Step 6 85g roasted salted peanuts , finely chopped
- Step 7 2 green mangoes or 3 Granny Smith apples
- Step 8 2 tbsp chopped mint
- Step 9 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Step 10 200g pack raw shell-on headless prawn , peeled but with tail on (or, if you use ready peeled prawns, you need 175g/6oz)
- Step 11 2 little gem lettuces
- Step 12 2 spring onions , shredded
Calories: 176 Carbohydrate: 12 g Protein: 10 g Fat: 10 g
Cook time: 25 minutes Prep time: minutes Total time: 25 minutes Servings: 6
Dinner Thai 10-30 minute 200 kcal or less 6 serving Granny smith apple Green mango Green mango Main Mary Cadogan Prawn Prawn Quick salad Seafood Spring onion Spring onion Thai food
- Step 1 Mix together the lime juice, chilli, fish sauce and sugar in a large bowl. Add the shallots and three quarters of the peanuts and mix well. Cover and set aside for up to 4 hours.
- Step 2 Peel and coarsely grate the mango or apple, and stir into the mixture along with the mint. Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok, add the prawns and stir fry quickly until evenly pink - about 2 minutes.
- Step 3 Scatter the lettuce leaves on a serving plate and spoon the salad mixture in the centre. Surround with the prawns and scatter over the remaining peanuts and spring onions.