Cheat's duck, hoisin and cucumber lettuce cups
- Step 1 2 duck breasts (about 340g), skin and fat removed then each breast cut into 6 thin strips
- Step 2 ½ tsp five spice powder
- Step 3 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Step 4 50ml hoisin sauce
- Step 5 4 spring onions , thinly sliced on a diagonal
- Step 6 ½ cucumber , ends trimmed, cut in half widthways, spiralized into thin noodles and squeezed dry to remove excess water
- Step 7 3 baby gem lettuces , leaves separated
- Step 8 1 tbsp sesame seeds
Calories: 67 Carbohydrate: 3 g Protein: 9 g Fat: 2 g
Cook time: 25 minutes Prep time: 20 minutes Total time: 45 minutes Servings: 12
Side Dish Snack Starter Duck wrap Healthy Hoisin Low fat Party food Snack Sophie Godwin Spiralized Starter
- Step 1 On the chopping board you used to slice the duck, toss the duck strips in the five spice and a generous pinch of flaky sea salt and black pepper.
- Step 2 Heat a wok or non-stick, large, high-sided frying pan over a high heat. Once really hot add the oil along with the seasoned strips of duck breast and stir-fry for 2 mins. Reduce the heat slightly and spoon in the hoisin sauce, toss everything together and stir-fry for another min until the duck is just cooked then remove from the heat.
- Step 3 Divide the spring onions, spiralized cucumber and hoisin duck between the lettuce leaves then top with a sprinkling of sesame seeds to serve.